Brilliant Beginning Website Design
Project Scope and Contract
Prepared by Christie Halmick, Jewels Branch LLC
For you, known as “The Client” through this document
PROJECT SCOPE and INVESTMENT
To create a new website for you, The Client, using Jewels Branch’s Brilliant Beginning process, we will provide the following:
- Website Design: Your site will be professionally designed in WordPress, on the Divi theme, to support your business goals and meet modern, mobile-responsive website requirements, so you can confidently launch your business online. The following five pages: Home, About, Blog (main page and three blog posts), Contact, and Services pages will be designed with the source materials you provide (copy, logo, colors, photos). You'll select your home page structure from one of our custom wireframe options. We'll design your home page using the wireframe you've chosen, you'll review the design, and we'll incorporate one round of revisions. We'll design your about, contact, services and blog pages, you'll review the designs, and we'll incorporate one round of revisions.
- Marketing Systems: We'll set up the following marketing system pieces: 1: Your opt-in form: designed, connected to your newsletter service, tested and included on your home page and in your website footer. 2: Social media accounts: linked and icons for all included on your home page and website footer. 3: Contact form: created, tested, and included on your contact page.
- Website Tech Systems: We’ll set up the following tech pieces: 1: WordPress and the Divi theme, installed and configured on your web host. 2: Google Analytics, 3: a SEO plugin, and 4: a Spam blocker installed.
- One-on-One Kick-off Session: We'll meet via video conferencing for 30 minutes to talk about your business goals and walk through the entire website design process so you're settled in and ready to dive into your brand, biz, and content workbooks.
- Brand, Biz and Content Workbooks: You'll complete our branding, business and content workbooks and exercises (this information helps us design a website that perfectly showcases your personality and is built to fully support your business goals).
- Stock imagery: If stock photos, illustrations, or icons are needed, we will source and provide up to 5 images, from sources of our choice, as part of this project scope.
- Project Management: We'll manage your website project in Asana (a project management app) where you’ll have access to a checklist of all the materials we'll need from you (branding materials, website copy, and hosting information), due dates and other project info.
- Support: Once your website redesign is launched, we will provide 1 week of email support to answer any questions you have. After this time, we’re happy to provide you with ongoing support for an additional fee. More information about options for ongoing support is available upon request. You'll also have access to The Brand + Website Workshop, our signature DIY program for branding and website design. This includes WordPress and Divi tech tutorials you can refer to anytime you need training on how to manage your site.
- Timeline: Your website will be ready 7-10 business days from the start date scheduled after receipt of all your materials. Pay a deposit of one-half the project fee to secure your spot. Once you've completed your workbooks, provided all your materials, and paid the remainder of your project fee, we'll put you in the first open spot in our schedule, finalize the deliverable dates for your project and get started.
You, The Client, are responsible for providing the following materials:
- Branding: logo, color palette, font details
- Photography/Illustrations: Photos of yourself, customers, products, and other design elements that you want included. Images for your blog posts.
- Completed strategy workbooks and exercises.
- Domain and hosting account information and logins.
- Email marketing provider login details.
- Content: for your home page to fit in the chosen wireframe content sections, content for your about, contact, and services pages, and content for up to 3 blog posts.
Project Total: $500
The above pricing is effective for 30 days.
Maintaining the professional visual standard established in this design requires effort from all team members involved in maintaining the site. Consistency is key to keeping your site looking professional. This requires monitoring of the website to make sure it is achieving its objectives and adjusting the design, copy, and calls-to-action to effectively support your current marketing efforts while maintain the brand style.
Once the website is live we can assist you in keeping your brand professional by making incremental improvements to the website, reviewing the site regularly to make sure brand standards are being upheld, supporting your team as they maintain the website, as well as providing ongoing design support, so the site continues to deliver a positive return on your investment.
We would be happy to speak with you about this in more detail, provide retainer package options, and answer any questions you may have.
Project fee does not include:
- Domain & hosting costs. (We will share our preferred host information with you.)
• Stock illustration/photo purchases beyond those detailed above.
• Software/plugin license purchases.
• Writing/editing website content.
• Software maintenance and updates to WordPress, Divi, other WP plugins, etc. Your Brilliant Beginning site will be designed using Elegant Theme's Divi theme. This is regularly a $89/year fee. We will be providing this to you FREE of charge with this package. If you hire us to maintain your website going forward we will keep Divi updated for you. You may also choose to purchase your own Divi license if you wish.
• Design/content revisions after project is complete.
• WordPress or Divi training beyond what is provided in The Brand + Website Workshop materials.
- Anything not listed in the deliverables above.
Additional Options and Features: you can add these additional features to the project scope. Contact us for full details.
- Quick Start Logo: $175
- Custom Logo: $500
- Copywriting: $300
- E-commerce Setup: $500
- Mailing List Setup: $175
- Consulting: $200
- Opt-in Design: $200
- Ongoing Tech/Design support: packages vary
PROJECT TIMELINE and MANAGEMENT
Once we have all the requested materials from you in hand, we'll schedule your website design to begin on the next available start date in our schedule. From this start date to site launch is usually 7-10* business days. We'll ask you to be highly contactable and available during this time to review and approve designs.
How soon you're able to gather the requested materials and complete the brand, biz and content strategy workbook, is up to you and your schedule. The strategy workbooks are comprehensive, so expect to spend at least a week going through these and answering questions.
If you have a specific website launch date in mind, please let us know so we can work with you to create material deadlines and schedule a start date to make this possible.
We’ll be managing all the project info, timelines, due dates, To Do lists, files, and correspondence in a project management app, Asana. You’ll get an email inviting you to access your project there.
* Purchase of additional add-on services will increase this timeframe.
To proceed with this project, The Client is required take the following steps:
- Accept the proposal as is by electronically signing it below. You can also contact us to discuss any desired changes. Please note that changes to the scope of the project can be made at anytime, but additional charges may apply.
- Submit deposit of 50% of total project fee ($250) to reserve your spot in our schedule.
Once these steps have been completed we will begin the project with an introduction of all relevant people, and work with you to schedule our kickoff session and proceed from there.
Between us, Jewels Branch LLC and you, The Client.
You (The Client) are hiring us (Jewels Branch LLC) to design a new website for the estimated total price of $500 as outlined in our proposal.
What Do Both Parties Agree To Do?
As our customer, you have the power and ability to enter into this contract on behalf of your company or organization. You agree to provide us with everything that we’ll need to complete the project – including text, images and other information – as and when we need it and in the format we ask for. You agree to review our work, provide feedback and approval in a timely manner too. Deadlines work two ways and you’ll also be bound by any dates that we set together. You also agree to stick to the payment schedule set out at the end of this contract.
We have the experience and ability to perform the services you need from us and we will carry them out in a professional and timely manner. Along the way we will strive to meet all the deadlines set but we can’t be responsible for a missed launch date or a deadline if you have been late in supplying materials or have not approved or signed off our work on-time at any stage. On top of this we’ll also maintain the confidentiality of any information that you give us.
We’ll create designs for the look-and-feel, layout and functionality of your website with the content provided by you. This project scope includes one home page design plus the opportunity for you to make one round of revisions. If you’re not happy with the design at this stage, you will pay us in full for all of the work that we have produced until that point and you may either cancel this contract or continue to commission us to make further design revisions at our standard design rates.
HTML and CSS Layout Templates
If the project includes HTML markup and CSS templates, we’ll develop these using valid HTML and CSS code. The landscape of web browsers and devices changes regularly and our approach is to look forward, not back. With that in mind we will test all our markup and CSS in current versions of all major desktop browsers and mobile platform browsers on iOS and Android OS to ensure that we make the most from them. Users of older or less capable browsers or devices will experience a design that is appropriate to the capabilities of their software.
This project includes design of five website pages and 3 blog posts using copy provided by you. We’re not responsible for writing additional copy or inputting new copy that is beyond what is included in this project scope. Addition copy writing and copy input will be charged at our standard rate.
You will supply us any necessary photographs or illustrations in digital format. If you choose to buy stock photographs we can suggest vendors of stock photography. Any time we spend searching for appropriate photographs or illustrations beyond what is included in this project scope above will be charged at our standard rate.
Changes and Revisions
We don’t want to limit either your options or your opportunities to change your mind. The estimate/quotation prices at the beginning of this document are based on the amount of work we estimate we’ll need to accomplish everything that you have told us you want to achieve. If you do want to change your mind, add extra pages or even add new functionality, that won’t be a problem. However, you will be charged accordingly and these additional costs will need to be agreed to before the extra work commences. This additional work will affect deadlines and they will be moved accordingly. We’ll be up front about all of this if and when it happens to make sure we’re all on the same page before proceeding. We may also ask you to put requests in writing so we can keep track of changes. If the nature or functions of the project change significantly throughout the process, we reserve the right to deem the current project cancelled. At this point you will pay us in full for all the work we have done and may commission us to complete the new project based on the new requirements. This will require a new quote and contract.
We can’t guarantee that the functions contained in any web page templates or in a completed website will always be error-free and so we can’t be liable to you or any third party for damages, including lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate this website and any other web pages, even if you have advised us of the possibilities of such damages.
If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
You guarantee to us that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork that you provide us for inclusion in the website are either owned by your selves, or that you have permission to use them.
When we receive your final payment, copyright is automatically assigned as follows:
You own the graphics and other visual elements that we create for you for this project.
We’ll give you a copy of all files and you should store them safely as we are not required to keep them or provide any native source files we used to make them.
You also own text content, photographs and other data you provided, unless someone else owns them. We love to show off our work and share what we have learned with other people, so we reserve the right to display and link to your completed project as part of our portfolio and to write about the project on websites, in magazine articles and in books about web design.
You agree to adhere to the following payment schedule.
- We require an initial up front deposit of 50% of the project fee ($250).
- Final payment of 50% of the project fee ($250) is due before design begins, as soon as you have completed your workbooks and provided all your materials.
- Once you've paid the final payment, we'll schedule your website design to begin on the next available start date in our schedule.
- Work outside the scope of this project and requests for revisions beyond those stated will be discussed before work begins and billed at a rate of $95 per hour, invoiced monthly. For additional projects, revisions, or support beyond this project scope, we’re happy to discuss continuing to work together on a retainer or ad-hoc basis.
You can’t transfer this contract to anyone else without our permission. This contract stays in place and need not be renewed. If for some reason one part of this contract becomes invalid or unenforceable, the remaining parts of it remain in place. This contract is a legal document under exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Missouri, USA.
Authorizing this project requires a signature below.