Darren Fisher Consulting, LLC
Website ReDesign Proposal
Prepared on March 21, 2018 by: Christie Halmick, Jewels Branch LLC
Prepared for: Darren Fisher Consulting, LLC DBA SPEARity™
SPEARity is a management consulting firm that partners with organizations to create the processes, competencies, and habits needed to set and achieve goals. SPEARity wants to upgrade its website branding to better align with the goals of the business and the target audience.
SPEARity needs a professionally branded and designed website that functions as a powerful marketing and communications tool to promote the SPEARity App, attract new client leads, position Darren Fisher as a sought after speaker in the industry, and elevate the brand overall in the marketplace.
SPEARity has approached Jewels Branch to update their website’s branding and design.
The rebranded, redesigned website needs to fulfill the following business need:
- Present the SPEARIty brand in a more professional manner, visually, so that the brand is positioned to attract larger corporate accounts.
The site currently uses WordPress and the Divi theme, all customizations will be made using those existing tech resources.
TARGET AUDIENCE NEEDS
The target audience for the SPEARity website is defined as individual businesses, organizations, and corporations who need a partner in developing the processes, competencies, and habits needed to set strategic goals and achieve them as an organization. The website’s primary target audience is larger corporate accounts. The updated website design needs to assist the target audience do the following:
- View SPEARity as a trustworthy, professional brand because the site looks professional and well-branded.
Ultimately, the SPEARity website should be a useful resource for existing clients, potential clients and app users, as well as a resource for establishing Darren Fisher as a go-to speaker in this niche.
PROJECT SCOPE and INVESTMENT
To update SPEARity’s website to a professional level visually, we will provide the following:
- Branding: Review and re-evaluate SPEARity’s current brand style to clarify the overall visual direction desired for the site redesign. This includes: branding questionnaires for SPEARity to complete, phone conversations with SPEARity team, assessment of current brand assets (logo, colors, photography, website), and creation of brand style boards to detail the proposed updated brand colors, typography, photography and illustration styles. These style boards will guide the redesign of the website. The final branding details will be compiled into a brand style guide document to be provided to the SPEARity team to help guide future branding/marketing collateral creation and as reference to keep the website branding consistent going forward.
- Home Page Goals/Functionality Review: Review and evaluate the current home page content and functionality to clarify what features/sections need to be included to support the business goals for the website as defined by Stephanie Kirby’s March 10 email: “1. Get people using the app, 2. Get people contacting SPEARity inquiring about services, 3. Book speaking gigs.” We will provide a wireframe layout of the proposed home page layout for discussion and revision.
- Home Page Design: We will redesign the home page content using the brand style boards and the wireframe layout as guides, using copy/photos provided by you. This project scope includes one home page design plus up to two rounds of revisions.
- Subpages Design: Once the home page design is finalized, we’ll implement the same look and feel on the rest of the pages of the website. This includes the pages active on the website as of March 20, 2018: 13 subpages (Services, Assessment, Consulting, Coaching, Training, Get Certified, Speaking, Store, Main Blog page, About, Contact, Privacy, App) and 7 Blog Posts. For each of these pages and the blog posts, currently existing content/images will be styled to meet the new look. Site-wide typography and color settings will be updated in Divi’s theme customizer so future pages can be styled consistently.
- Stock imagery: it is our understanding that SPEARity prefers to use your own photography rather than stock photos. If stock photos, illustrations, or icons are needed, we will source and provide up to 10 images as part of this project scope.
- Support: Once your website redesign is launched, we will provide 1 week of email support to answer any questions you have. After this time, we’re happy to provide you with ongoing support. More information about options for ongoing support is available upon request.
Project Total: $2500
The above pricing is effective for 30 days.
Maintaining the professional visual standard established in this re-design requires effort from all team members involved in maintaining the site. Consistency is key to keeping your site looking professional. This requires monitoring of the website to make sure it is achieving its objectives and adjusting the design, copy, and calls-to-action to effectively support your current marketing efforts while maintain the brand style.
Once the website re-design is live we can assist you in keep your brand professional by making incremental improvements to the website, reviewing the site regularly to make sure brand standards are being upheld, supporting your team as they maintain the website, as well as providing ongoing design support, so the site continues to deliver a positive return on your investment.
We would be happy to speak with you about this in more detail and answer any questions you may have.
Project fee does not include:
- Domain/hosting costs.
- Stock illustration/photo purchases beyond those detailed above.
- Software/plugin license purchases.
- Writing of website content.
- Software maintenance and updates to WordPress, Divi, other WP plugins, etc.
- Design/content revisions after project is complete.
- WordPress training.
- Anything not listed in the deliverables above.
PROJECT TIMELINE and MANAGEMENT
Projects of this scope are usually completed within 4-6 weeks. We will work with you to choose a project start date and create an agreed upon schedule.
We’ll be managing all the project info, timelines, due dates, To Do lists, files, and correspondence in a project management app, Asana. You’ll get an email inviting you to access your project there.
To proceed with this project, SPEARity is required take the following steps:
- Accept the proposal as is by electronically signing it below. You can also contact us to discuss any desired changes. Please note that changes to the scope of the project can be made at anytime, but additional charges may apply.
- Submit deposit of 50% of total project fee ($1250) to reserve your spot in our schedule.
Once these steps have been completed we will begin the project with an introduction of all relevant people, and work with you to decide the project start date and create the project schedule.
Between us, Jewels Branch LLC and you, Darren Fisher, SPEARity.
You (Darren Fisher, SPEARity) are hiring us (Jewels Branch LLC) to rebrand and redesign an existing website for the estimated total price of $2500 as outlined in our proposal.
What Do Both Parties Agree To Do?
As our customer, you have the power and ability to enter into this contract on behalf of your company or organization. You agree to provide us with everything that we’ll need to complete the project – including text, images and other information – as and when we need it and in the format we ask for. You agree to review our work, provide feedback and approval in a timely manner too. Deadlines work two ways and you’ll also be bound by any dates that we set together. You also agree to stick to the payment schedule set out at the end of this contract.
We have the experience and ability to perform the services you need from us and we will carry them out in a professional and timely manner. Along the way we will strive to meet all the deadlines set but we can’t be responsible for a missed launch date or a deadline if you have been late in supplying materials or have not approved or signed off our work on-time at any stage. On top of this we’ll also maintain the confidentiality of any information that you give us.
We’ll create designs for the look-and-feel, layout and functionality of your website with the content provided by you. This project scope includes one home page design plus the opportunity for you to make up to two rounds of revisions. If you’re not happy with the designs at this stage, you will pay us in full for all of the work that we have produced until that point and you may either cancel this contract or continue to commission us to make further design revisions at our standard design rates.
HTML and CSS Layout Templates
If the project includes HTML markup and CSS templates, we’ll develop these using valid HTML and CSS code. The landscape of web browsers and devices changes regularly and our approach is to look forward, not back. With that in mind we will test all our markup and CSS in current versions of all major desktop browsers and mobile platform browsers on iOS and Android OS to ensure that we make the most from them. Users of older or less capable browsers or devices will experience a design that is appropriate to the capabilities of their software.
This project includes design of existing website pages using existing copy. We’re not responsible for writing additional copy or inputting new copy that is beyond what is included in this project scope. Addition copy writing and copy input will be charged at our standard rate.
You will supply us any necessary photographs or illustrations in digital format. If you choose to buy stock photographs we can suggest vendors of stock photography. Any time we spend searching for appropriate photographs or illustrations beyond what is included in this project scope above will be charged at our standard rate.
Changes and Revisions
We don’t want to limit either your options or your opportunities to change your mind. The estimate/quotation prices at the beginning of this document are based on the amount of work we estimate we’ll need to accomplish everything that you have told us you want to achieve. If you do want to change your mind, add extra pages or even add new functionality, that won’t be a problem. However, you will be charged accordingly and these additional costs will need to be agreed to before the extra work commences. This additional work will affect deadlines and they will be moved accordingly. We’ll be up front about all of this if and when it happens to make sure we’re all on the same page before proceeding. We may also ask you to put requests in writing so we can keep track of changes. If the nature or functions of the project change significantly throughout the process, we reserve the right to deem the current project cancelled. At this point you will pay us in full for all the work we have done and may commission us to complete the new project based on the new requirements. This will require a new quote and contract.
You already have website hosting. We are not a website hosting company and so do not offer or include technical support for website hosting, email or other services relating to website hosting.
We can’t guarantee that the functions contained in any web page templates or in a completed website will always be error-free and so we can’t be liable to you or any third party for damages, including lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate this website and any other web pages, even if you have advised us of the possibilities of such damages.
If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
You guarantee to us that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork that you provide us for inclusion in the website are either owned by your selves, or that you have permission to use them.
When we receive your final payment, copyright is automatically assigned as follows:
You own the graphics and other visual elements that we create for you for this project.
We’ll give you a copy of all files and you should store them safely as we are not required to keep them or provide any native source files we used to make them.
You also own text content, photographs and other data you provided, unless someone else owns them. We love to show off our work and share what we have learned with other people, so we reserve the right to display and link to your completed project as part of our portfolio and to write about the project on websites, in magazine articles and in books about web design.
You agree to adhere to the following payment schedule.
- To secure our next available project start date, we require an initial up front deposit of 50% of the project fee ($1250).
- Final payment of 50% of the project fee ($1250) is due upon project completion or 45 days from the start date, which ever comes first.
- Work outside the scope of this project and requests for revisions beyond those stated will be discussed before work begins and billed at a rate of $95 per hour, invoiced monthly. For additional projects, revisions, or support beyond this project scope, we’re happy to discuss continuing to work together on a retainer or ad-hoc basis.
You can’t transfer this contract to anyone else without our permission. This contract stays in place and need not be renewed. If for some reason one part of this contract becomes invalid or unenforceable, the remaining parts of it remain in place. This contract is a legal document under exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Missouri, USA.
Authorizing this project requires a signature below.